For all online participation, it is the responsibility of each attendee to have the correct equipment and internet connection to attend BPI/CDM activities.
- Tablets and cell phones are not suitable for any online function as they are not stable enough. Drops are very common and audio can be of poor quality.
- Lap tops and other more stable computers as well as a headset with a mic is recommended.
- The teacher(s) or reading control will not hold back a class or reading space, should an attendee experience technical difficulty.
- It is each participant’s responsibility to create a personal sanctuary without distraction and/or background noise. Attending classes or reading spaces in a car, coffee shop or other public place is not appropriate for online participation.
- Should the participant’s lack of appropriate equipment and /or grounded sanctuary create a disturbance or disruption during the class or reading space, the attendee will see his/her mic privilege revoked.
- We are committed to creating a sanctuary for all to find their own space and honor other’s finding their own space as well.
WE HAVE SWITCHED TO ZOOM
ONLINE CLASSROOM HINTS:
- It is best to click on the zoom link about 1/2 hour prior to class start time to make sure your speakers and mic levels are set correctly.
- Useing a headset to talk with us online can help with sound. If sound is a big issue, some online students type in any questions or anything they want to share. There is a chat window available in the online classroom.
- Mute your MIC when you are not talking.